• Qualified & Proficient Attorney


    Our Founding Attorney Is Backed By More Than 20 Years Of Legal Experience

  • We'll Prioritize Your Satisfaction


    Our Mission Is To Help You Achieve Your Goals In A Timely & Effective Manner

  • Get Your Questions Answered


    We'll Address Your Concerns & Educate You About The Laws Pertaining To Your Case

Child Support Lawyer in Palmdale

Pursuing the Best Interests of Your Family

Child support refers to the amount of money that the court can order one parent to provide to the other upon divorce for the upkeep of the child. If you would like to resolve an issue involving child support, our Palmdale divorce lawyer can help you through each step of your case. At the Law Offices of John C. Bigler, we are dedicated to providing clients with the legal attention they need. During a case evaluation, we determine their goals for child support and pursue that end result.

Child Support Payments in California

Payments can be made once every month for support of one or multiple children. Payments are often made until the child turns 18 or 19 as long as the he or she meets the following requirements:

  • Is in school full time
  • Lives at home
  • Cannot support himself / herself

If both parents agree to a longer support period, this can be ordered or approved by the court. In some cases, the court may order both parents to continue to support the child if he or she is a disabled adult and is not self-supporting.

How is child support determined?

California determines child support orders based on specific guidelines. Determining which parent will receive child support and how much is based on several factors. The judge can determine support based on evaluating the following:

  • The income of both parents
  • The health insurance of both parents
  • The tax filing status of each parent
  • The number of children
  • The type of child custody award

When trying to obtain child support, you will likely need a strong and experienced Palmdale divorce lawyer to assist you. Under California's Agnos Minimum Child Support Standards Act, noncustodial parents can be required to pay the minimum amount of payments to provide the child with assistance with medical and educational needs. Contact our firm to schedule an assessment of your child support case today! Our Palmdale child support attorney is ready to discuss your case!